Sunday 16 September 2012

My childhood encounters with dogs

Hello!

Well, since young, I've had phobia of dogs. Big, small, medium, cute, fierce - to me, they are all the same.

My different encounters with dogs:
1. My auntie's dogssssss. My auntie had many different dogs over the years, chihuahua, big black dog which i cant remember the breed, you name it she have it. Every single Chinese New Year, I never fail to cry and make a scene when I pay visit at her house.
Once, i crawled up to the highest point of the sofa and freeze there until they lock up the black dog. Another year, I was about to step into her house where her small chihuahua kept barking and tried to squeeze out of the gate. I almost died. The next scene was epic with me almost tumbling down 4 level of stairs and ran down to the first floor crying. I refused to go up even if my parents scolded me for being rude.

2. Playing catching with my younger sis. What a great memorable childhood to have when your sister is supposed to chase you, and you ended up realising that you are being chased by a little white dog. Im smart enough to jump/climbed onto the red fire extinguisher thing under our block and stand there till my dad come.

3. Playing block catching with my friends. Lesson learnt - dont play catching if you are scared of dogs. I accidentally ran past a house and 2 small dogs came chasing me. Luckily I was wearing jeans and I managed to freeze on the stop and pray. They sniffed around and went back home. Phew.

4. Pulau Ubin. The next place which i dread going to the most is Pulau Ubin. My mum loves the kampong kind of lifestyle and never fail to organise such trips together with my relatives and drag me along. Apart from the stupid mosquitoes, there are ALOT ALOT ALOT of stray dogs over there. *CRYYYYYYFORHELPPPP*. I just have the fear towards them, and to make things worst, my dad loves to *zootzoot/whistle* to attract the dogs. I totally hate it when he does that !@#!@$#%$

5. My grandma house use to have a dog call DonDon when I was very very young. Its a brown/black pekinese. I guess that is the first dog in my whole memory. All I can remember is that its an aggressive dog which was chained in the kitchen area. I die also wont dare to go near it. And it died not long after.

6. My friends' dogs. Whoever's house I visit, I will never fail to ask: Your house got dog anot huh? Can lock it up plssssssss?? Im really scared. If not, I will just stand outside the gate until i find a chance to hop or sneak in. I rmb once (about 19 years old alr), my bf and I visited one of our friend's house during CNY, and theres a SUPER BIG GERMAN SHEPERD lying at the main door. There is no way I could cross over him and enter the house. So last resort, bf piggy back me while I close my eyes hoping that the dog will not chew my legs when we cross over.

Apart from all these. My house actually have a few furkids staying before:

1. 2 Little stray pups which my dad brought back from his work place. There is one that is soooo young, it has no fur yet. Well, i hid in the room the whole day because they are sleeping outside my room T_T. Only my little sister dares to carry them. To me, they are just little monsters.

2. A white lost poodle. I was much courageous this time round. I patted the dog.
And i cant rmb the rest.

3. Bobby. During primary 4, while I was going down for tuition in RC -_-", my dad carried a box back - should noe what it is by now. Its another puppy! With fur this time round. Haha. I couldnt concentrate in class and rush home immediately after lesson. I guess this is the first dog that I really like and can bond with. I ususally slp with my parents but because of this dog which I named Bobby, I slept in my own room, while it slp below my bed at the side. I used a towel to cover it as blanket in the middle of the night and the feeling is sooo sweet. When I woke up in the morning, my bolster accidentally dropped on the floor, and we played tug-o-war.
Sadly, when I came back after school bobby was gone. Papa said the pup is too noisy as it kept crying for its mum at night and he brought it back to his industrial area.
:(((((((


All the way until 20years old.. when I start to accept ONE DOG, that changes my attitude and fear towards dogs..


Stay tuned. Ive got work tomorrow, will blog again another day about that special dog.

Woofs.

No comments:

Post a Comment