Wednesday 19 September 2012

The 3 Amazing Dogs That Change my life

From the last post, i mentioned that theres this special dog that opened up my perception of dog and here it is:
Elmo the Shihtzu!
Its a she by the way and she belongs to my friend.
Initially for the first 1 year im rather afraid of her. To think back, i think im crazy because how would people be afraid of such cute dog?!
Everytime i visit my friend's house, I would sit/ squat on the chair thru out..

At one bbq session below my friend's house, Elmo was there too. It was then that I realised that this fat dog would not give a shit about me, she only follow whoever who gives it food. If theres no food for her, she will just lie on the floor like a carpet.
With that, I slowly build trust in her and start to get near, patted, and eventually give her thousands of hugs and kisses whenever i see her. Super adorable.
Totally look like a fat sheep right?
The second dog that changes my life even more, is no doubt my own Miumiu.
After i get to bond with Elmo, I developed interest in dogs. Thus, bf and I would research for places to visit such as Pasir ris farm way (puppy mills- I'll talk about that in another post in the future), SPCA, pet shops, and even some random farm
in lim chu kang that breed dogs.

Pasir ris pet farm was my favourite weekend place. Because they have lots of cute puppies and shihtzus *screammm in excitement*
I can go there as much as 3 times a month?

One fine day, it was an impromptu decision to go down to the pet farm again with my sis, bf and euguene.
As usual we will walk around looking at those cute furry things. Bf and i have talked about getting a dog. Maybe a mini maltese. But what caught my eye that day was this little jumpy shihtzu that keeps wagging her tail whenever I come near her.
I toured around the whole area and decided to bid goodbye to that little furrykid before I leave.
Who knows...
Uncle told me that i can try carrying it.
and he grabbed the pup and put it in my arms.

Die lor. This is how vulnerable to sales I am.
The minute i hug it , i tell myself: Shit. I cannot let go of her already. And I dont want her to go home with other ppl.
That instant connection u know
--->LOVE<---

Within a short span of discussion & consideration (which is also considered impulse)
Everyone chipped in $10 with me paying $20 and we reserved the pup.

Backed home, i would brainstorm and research on unique names for her.
No gucci, no xiaobai, no mocha, no happy nor lucky. no i dun wan too common names.

we wanted porsche ( dunno how to spell la) but u look at her face?! U tell ppl u bringing ur porsche out , they will totally faint when they see my dog.
so, that name is off the list.

Just before I fall asleep, this name popped in my mind - MIUMIU.
yes. Miumiu. soooo girly and expensive.
And i told bf no more nego. haha.
我要定着名字了。


It was towards the month end and I have got ZERO savings because i jus started like 2 months in my first full time job. Uncle allow me to reserve for 2 days and on that faithful day 31st May, I can clearly rmb that i withdrew $1100 from Somerset mrt and rushed to farmway together with dou and his mum.

There it was this cute little furry thing in the cage. She was shy and kept hiding in the in-nest( got this word anot huh?) part of the cage.
She was so tiny im scared that she will be crushed when I carry her . Awwww.
Needless to say, the rest of the month - I ate grass to survive.

This is her back at bf house:
Cuteness overload right? Not I 偏心 hor..
讲真的 (in Malaysian tone)
U seeeeee soooo small only..
Give one act innocent face..Literally puppy eyes.
Even her butt then was so tiny. Now her butt soooooo BIG
She always love to slp like this until one day when she realised her head is too big to fit in.
Miumiu and her first toy - Macdonald Doraemon
.
Hair fashion show:











I read up gentlepaw's blog, ASD, Noah's Ark Cares ( I almost finished all their blog entries)..Bit by bit my knowledge about dogs and animal welfare grew. About dog shelters, rescue groups, puppy mills etc.

Whenever there are flea markets organised by animal welfare group or those kind of tour around their shelter, i will dragged bf along with me and sign up for it. Even thou we still do not dare to touch those big dogs and i still couldnt understand how can they be consider cute ( the way they bark and jump and howl and bark and jump in their kennel when we pass by really scares me).


Her first Birthday party at NEX, with 4 humans and 1 dog.
Elmo attending miumiu's 1st Birthday party
Another random shih tzu
Carpet in a garden?
This is mad cute - the human, not the dog. AHHAHAHHA
Without Miumiu, I wouldnt have make the effort to research more on dogs and slowly become immersed in the online articles. I wouldnt have open up to more dogs- of different breeds etc..
Miumiu is twice as heavy as Bun can?!
At Nex, Love this pic thou I look, no i am super fat.
BunBun and miumiu at Pets in the City.
Miu's head is so big.
Celebrating CNY together
Chilling at the playground
Looking 委屈
I read up gentlepaw's blog, ASD, Noah's Ark Cares ( I almost finished all their blog entries)..Bit by bit my knowledge about dogs and animal welfare grew. About dog shelters, rescue groups, puppy mills etc.

Whenever there are flea markets organised by animal welfare group or those kind of tour around their shelter, i will dragged bf along with me and sign up for it. Even thou we still do not dare to touch those big dogs and i still couldnt understand how can they be consider cute ( the way they bark and jump and howl and bark and jump in their kennel when we pass by really scares me).

* ER I Forget where i put my polaroid photo already. But so far we have went to visit gentle paw and mdm wong shelter ;D*
Miumiu taught me that life can be filled with happiness by just watching her doing stupid things. You dont need to be in town buying the most branded or eye catching bag/clothes/shoes etc to feel contented with life. Its just so simple by bringing your dog out for a walk can be fulfilling.



This dog below really changes my life, it taught me that Our local strays can be super manja, sweet, and we cannot judge a look base on its size and how it look.

Here's cookie ( aka Nugget if u have seen him from facebook)

to cut long story short. He roamed around jalan tenaga (my bf's neighbour hood for almost a week). I was sooo excited to meet him - the dog when my bf told me about it.
So one night i decided to go down and find it. our first meeting was a mere 1 min which we had eye contact for a few secs and it came walkin towards me. I patted and looked at him for awhile before he ran up to a bunch of youngster whom i thought are his owners.

The next day, i had the urge to look for this cookie again so i went around the neighbourhood round and round hoping to find him.

And there he was, lying under one of the tables atthe void deck with the same group of youngtersthe day before.. I brought him can food to eat.
After 10-15 mins to inner struggling, I decided to gather my courage and ask the group of people: excuse me, can i play with it?
First time touching a mongrel with BOTH hands, but look at his blurred wagging tail :DDDD
Im glad i bravely asked the qns. They said: sure sure. its not our dog, it just like to follow us around. And so I tried to catch cookie's attention and lure him to the other section of the block.

He wasss sooooo sweet and cute. Then an uncle came and told us that This dog had been around for one week, suspected to have wander here from Ubi industrial places etc. AND THAT PEOPLE COMPLAINED ABT IT AND AVA WILL BE COMING TO CATCH IT THE NEXT DAY.

That was a bad bad news. I know I cant let it get caught by AVA cause there is a very high chance that he will be put to slp.

While killing my brains cells to think of a solution, I stayed with him til 2am downstairs. Yes, and theres work tml. But i havent come up with any plan yet!!
**Witness a bunch of Malay boys throwing things and shouting at Cookie to irritate him, triggering him to chase and bark at night - which is why people end up complaining about its existence. (well, about 19 years old already not boys liao right?! Should be able to use their ass to think. But sadly no. We should actually have an organisation set up just to cull these type of nuisance to the public. They really disgust me to the max.**

After which i decided to go home wash up and take half day morning leave the next day. Woked up at 8am and rush down to see if its still there.
You know the kind of feeling when u couldnt find the dog??? I was super disappointed when i walked round the blocks and couldnt find him.
Stoning
Im soooo happy I found him and I bet he feels the same way ya?

But I guess fate brought us together, just when im about to give up, I saw a glimpse of his body following a man. And i quickly call out to it.
I swear I almost tear with joy.
You know, this cool dude loves to take the lift! He went up to the 3rd floor by stairs and we followed him up fearing that he will disrupt the malay residents who confirm will have heart attack seing such big dogs outside their corridors. The only way to bring him back to level 1 is to take the lift.
Once we reach level one....... he ran up again!!!! This time round bf went up to chase him.. 5 mins passed and there was no sound from the stairs. The next thing i see... Both of them came down by the lift again .
Handsome young dude that lie down beside us quietly.

I tried calling doggiestyle cafe to seel help and see wht i can do, because i know SPCA will still put it to slp..

As much as I know that shelters would not accept just any other dogs that people bring to them, I have to give it a shot. I spent the next 1 hrs using tons to treats to lure it into our car. Many passer by stared at me, looking like an idiot. one kind lady offered to help and she help me to close the car door immediately when cookie's butt went in the car while i was sitting inside still trying hard to lure it further in..

No words can describe the feeling and sense of accomplishment i felt that very second!
In the car, his first ever ride and my first ride with such a big dog.
His butt was squeezing meee.
Its been 8 months since the last day I've seen you, but I have never forgotten about you. Many times when I suddenly thought of you, I will receive news from Z that you ran away. What does that mean? I have tried asking her to arrange meet up or to allow me to visit you at your adopter's place but nothing has been done till now.
Cookie, I really really miss you alot.
I sincerely hope that you are in good hands now and will be as cheerful forever.
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment